Safety & Security
At Sherwood Green Nursery safety and security is a top priority, keeping your children safe when they are at Sherwood Green Nursery is of paramount importance and we treat this duty of care very seriously indeed.
When they are in our care, as a parent you rightfully expect that your own child will be as safe and secure as they are in your own home.
We go above and beyond Ofsted requirements to ensure we create safe and secure environments in which you can leave your little ones in.
We ensure the safety and security of your child by the following means:
- Secure external doors with intercom system.
- Strict entry procedures with all visitors required to sign in on arrival.
- Staff are not permitted to use their mobile phones whilst they are at work and all are kept
securely in the office. We ask our parents and visitors to not use their mobiles within our
- All toys and equipment are checked regularly for safety.
- All electrical equipment is PAT tested annually.
- Before opening, the nursery is checked every day by management for potential safety issues.
- A fire risk assessment is completed annually.
- A risk assessment for all new and current activities is carried out by nursery staff.
- All staff have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check. This is currently the highest level of checking available.
- If parents cannot drop off or pick up their children, they must inform us in advance of the person/people who will be picking up, including their own family members. This includes setting a password at first registration.
- We have a statutory responsibility to record every child’s attendance and absence.
- We have a strict no smoking policy both inside and outside the nursery.
- We have installed CCTV at all the rooms with cameras covering both the interior and exterior with both full colour and low light capability, ensuring that nothing is missed.